JOB TITLE: Bus Driver min 5.5 hours
DUTY DAYS: 182 days
PAY GRADE: N05
SALARY SCHEDULE: Click for Salary Schedule
Transport and route school buses to ensure safe, efficient, economical transportation of students.
- High School or GED preferred
- 21 years of age
- Pre-employment MVR license check with Texas Department of Public Safety
- Must posses CDL with P&S endorcements, or able to obtain prior to employment
- Must pass criminal history background check
- Must pass pre-employment D.O.T physical and drug test
- Ability to obtain Texas School Bus Driver certification and keep updated as necessary
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to deal with a variety of people including those with special needs.
- Skill in handling radio communications.
- Ability to follow specific route instructions and/or directions.
- Ability to drive extra-curricular trips.
- Be able to read, write, and understand instructions.
- Completions of 20 hour bus driver certification course, employed at least thirty days as a bus driver in Pasadena ISD:
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Safely transport children to and from school.
- Check and update routes as needed.
- Coordinate all student rider problems with supervisor and/or principals (via student safety reports).
- Perform pre-trip inspections as required by law to ensure proper operation of bus. Report problems to dispatcher.
- Keep CDL and bus driver certification current.
- Obey all rules, regulations, and driving laws as set forth by the state of Texas.
- Clean, upkeep, and fuel bus.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress; interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate district functions.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent prolonged and irregular hours; Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; steady phone interactions; moderate standing, walking, and bending.